This section describes the installation process for the UPS i-parcel shipping app for Shopify.
Before beginning, you will need:
- Admin access to the Shopify store.
- You have an Advanced Shopify store plan.
- Credentials for the Global Access dashboard.
If you register for a UPS i-parcel account already and went through our normal registration process, then you should start by connecting the app to your store.
1. Go to https://shopify.i-parcel.com/v1
2. Click “Connect to your Shopify Store” button
3. Type in the URL of your store. Example: https://storename.myshopify.com
Installing the App
After entering your store’s URL, you will be redirected to a Shopify page that asks if you want to install UPS i-parcel App.
4. Please install the app to proceed.
You will be redirected to UPS i-parcel Shopify App where you will be prompted to log in to the UPS i-parcel Global Access Dashboard. Enter your Global Access Dashboard credentials.
After logging in, you will be asked to select the Global Access store to connect to your Shopify store. If you have already associated your store with the dashboard, you may skip this step.
5. Assign the Global Access store to the Shopify store.
Managing the Integration
Once you connect stores, you will see a page where you can manage the integration.
6. Select the Integration Enabled button.
Catalog Sync Settings
7. In the “Country of Origin Metafield” option, enter the metafield used for the Country of Origin for each product. The format is “namespace.key”.
- If you use Shopify metafields and already have a country of origin metafield configured, you can put that here. Otherwise, you can leave what is defaulted, which is what most merchants do. For more information about these fields, check the Shopify help center: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/metafields
8. In the “Default Country of Origin” option, enter the country of origin to use for products that do not have the metafield set.
- You can use this field if the country of origin is not covered by the metafield. Please use the two-letter ISO 3166-1 country/territory code format (please see appendix).
9. You have the option of running catalog sync daily.
- If you do not check this, then changes in your Shopify catalog will not automatically sync to the Global Access Dashboard, unless you select Save and Begin Catalog Sync below.
10. Click the “Save and Begin Catalog Sync” button near the bottom of the page.
11. Click the “Start Catalog Sync” link near the bottom of the page.
- Please keep your browser window open until you see a message saying that the synch is finished in the Sync Status box.
This will complete your installation. You can check to see if you are installed correctly by looking at other settings within Shopify, as explained in the next section of this guide.
These screens described below are found in your Shopify settings, as opposed to the UPS i-parcel app settings. These steps will help verify whether is plugin is enabled for use as an international shipping option in your Shopify store.
Verifying Shopping Zones
Let’s make sure the UPS i-parcel shipping method is added to your international shipping zone.
- Most Shopify merchants will have one International Shipping Zone called “Rest of World” which can be found within your Shopify admin under Settings -> Shipping.
After completing the steps above, and verifying your shipping settings, your store should be ready for international shipping with UPS i-parcel.